What Are Cookies
- Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer and act as an identifier.
- They cannot harm your computer.
- The most important reason for using cookies, is that they make shopping online possible.
- Our cookies do not recognise an individual user, but just your computer and IP address, so that when you return to www.www.paprikagifts.co.uk on the same computer, you are recognised by us.
- If you accept cookies from our site, we will store the information safely and not pass this on to any third parties.
What Cookies Do We Use?
Broadly speaking, the cookies we use fall into three categories:
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
- Some of the cookies we use are required to make our site work, remember what you have placed in your basket, ensure your security when logged into the website and maintain the functions that support your customer journey.
- It also allows us for instance (when you tick the relevant box) to remember your delivery address to speed up your future shopping experience.
Functional and Performance Cookies:
- We also have functional and performance cookies that help us improve our service by giving us insight into the number of visitors to our site and how the site is being used, for instance how visitors move around the site.
- This helps us to continually improve the customer’s site experience.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies:
- We may occasionally work with third party service partners, such as social media sites (to provide ‘like’ and ‘share’ functions), however these partners are not permitted to use your information in any other way than to make our site more useful and efficient for our customers.
- These cookies also collect information about the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond the Paprika Gifts website. We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. The data collected is anonymous; it is not connected with any personal information you may have shared about yourself withPaprika Gifts.
How Do I Change My Cookie Settings?
- Most browsers will automatically accept cookies, however, you can opt to disable these in your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. However, please bear in mind you will not be able to use the online shopping facilities on our site if cookies are disabled.
- For further information on the cookie legislation and information on how to enable/disable cookies please contact the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
- No expiry date is set on our cookies.